If you follow me on Instagram (@ChefKefiRN), you know that MrKef was cooking last week. It’s always a little touch-and-go when he gets into the kitchen, and this time was no exception. I woke up to this scene:
A broken canopener, a ripped open can of corn, and one of my best knives. Hmm.
Since I am not a meat eater and MrKef is not a blogger, I can’t tell you how it tastes and he didn’t think to take a picture of his turkey chili. But, I can tell you that it smelled amazing, and he reports that it was quite popular at his office potluck, so that’s something. And to make up for the lack of pictures of said chili, I will officially open LOVE ACTUALLY season by sharing 5 of my favorite moments from the best movie ever made:
5. Uncle Jamie dips on family Christmas and goes Hero to Zero in no time flat. Poor Uncle Jamie.
4. The Crustacean Christmas:
3. Sam’s foreshadowing of why he later renders British TSA utterly useless:
2. Mr. Bean unknowingly indicts the cocktail culture that will keep people waiting all of 2015 for their damn drink:
1.The most poignant portrayal of just how real the language acquisition struggle is:
And since that last one wasn’t a moving GIF (and because no mention of Love Actually would be complete without Hugh Grant’s gyrating tushy), I’ll throw in an extra:
On to the recipe! Not sure how it came to his attention, but MrKef used this recipe as his base, which we added some spice to on the recommendation of a few commenters.
MrKef’s Easy CrockPot Turkey Chili
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can corn
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 TBS garlic powder
- 1/2 TBS ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch all spice
- salt, to taste
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add onions and cook until soft and fragrant, 3-5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until evenly browned and no heat remains, mixing with frequency. Drain grease from pan.
2. Add turkey/onions and remaining ingredients to crock pot. Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High