The theme of this week seems to be “food Chef Kefi, RN made but didn’t eat.” A meaty, full-of-flour pizza yesterday, and today some super-easy, 4-ingredient ice cream that’s chock full of sugar (and oh so good!). Not sold yet? Serve up that ice cream with some strawberries marinated in a balsamic glaze and just let the drool dribble on down your chin. An ice cream maker will help keep this ice cream light and smooth, but isn’t required.
Ricotta Cheese Ice Cream With Balsamic Strawberries
- 2 c ricotta
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/3 c confectioner’s sugar
- 2 TBS Marsala wine (or 1.5 TBS sherry vinegar)
- 2 c strawberries, sliced
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Whisk together the egg yolks and confectioner’s sugar in a standing mixer until the mixture is thick and lemony in color. Add the Marsala wine, then the ricotta and whisk together until just combined.
2. If you have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into machine and churn to desired texture, then freeze. If you don’t have a machine, pour mixture into freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to serve.
3. Combine balsamic, sugar, strawberries, and lemon juice and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Move ice cream from freezer to fridge about 30 minutes before serving to soften. Serve with strawberries.