Everyone else got in their year-in-reviews last week but, per usual, I’m tardy to the party. Since this post is already past its blog-by date, I’ll keep my best of 2014 focused to the final 31 days. Ten steps to an awesome month:
1. Have a sensational best friend who is turning 30 (nb: I think that adjective is gonna stick). Scour Etsy for party favors and make sure there is photo evidence of your respective fiancees enjoying said favors (check out this awesome shop for lots of fun glittery goods and these guys for the perfect cake topper… oh and here, too!). 2. Watch your brother live out a lifelong dream. See here for more details.3. Rent a private karaoke room for one of your oldest friend’s birthdays. Sing and dance your little hearts out. Bonus points if it’s country.4. Set up your Christmas tree. Smother your amazing FianceKef with thanks for arranging to have your mom ship all your childhood ornaments to your house!
and maybe even buy a fancy frock for an upcoming event!
6. Rally with some really righteous people, including this Grandma (who is only a shade less stylish than your own.)
8. Go home to the beautiful Hudson Valley for another legendary Christmas by MamaKef.
8a. Receive a selfie stick. Proceed to run amok with said device and realize that true Christmas joy can be yours for a mere $8.
I can’t decide whether or not those should get captions… so let’s just say they’re available upon request.
9. Bring your beloved out to what he refers to as a “Townie Bar” and watch him make friends with everyone in the room, even if they graduated from your high school in… 2011. (Optional: have small crisis about the fact that people who graduated from high school in 2011 can drink legally.)
10. Celebrate the following Christmas miracles:
and the discovery that gluten-free baklava is out there, and it’s ChampagneOnlyKef-approved!
Finally: ring in a New Year with the most lovable guy around.