By this time tomorrow I’ll be elbow-deep in newborn babies, so I figured it appropriate to make today’s recipe my tried-and-true work lunch recipe. This is more a method than a recipe, so you can swap out flavors and ingredients as you’d like–though I never stray too far from Thai-ish flavors.
I’ve searched far and wide for pre-made curry pastes that don’t use sugar and found these two that I love. I’ve written before about how easy this red curry paste makes life and was thrilled to find a lemongrass paste with no sugar or gluten. I defer to you as to whether, like me, you can overlook a chemical shit storm for convenience when you need to be at work at 7am.
Lemongrass Coconut Cauliflower
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 8 oz frozen spinach
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (seriously–just get fire roasted)
- 2 packets lemongrass packets
- 1 can coconut milk
1. Heat olive oil and spices over medium heat. Add chopped cauliflower and spinach and combine well. Cook until spinach is thawed and beginning to dry–about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and lemongrass paste, stir well, and cook for another 5 minutes.
2. Add coconut milk, stir very well, and bring entire mixture to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until cauliflower is your desired texture–I like it to be very soft and to let most of the coconut milk be absorbed, which takes another 12 minutes or so.
3. Enjoy and try not to make your coworkers too jealous 🙂