Five for Friday: This Summer I Will…

6 Jun

It’s Friday and I’m linking up with Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia (aka the DC Trifecta–check them out!) for a little chat about Summer 2014. I’m already feeling like this summer has completely gotten away from me, so I’m not going to waste precious daylight writing a long lead up to this one.

This summer I will:

1- GO TO MALAYSIA! JetSet and I are off to Singapore, Pengang, and Kota Kinabalu for our annual trek across the world. FERRAGOSTO 2014 is ON! In the meantime– anybody been to Malaysia? Travel tips? Pretty please?

2- Compete in the NYC Triathlon. I’m so, so excited to be competing with Athletes to End Alzheimers–catch me swimming, biking, and running in a boro near you. I still need to raise about $800 to meet my goal–please consider donating to the Alzheimer’s Association by clicking here.

3- Eat Civilized Caveman’s Blueberry Espresso Brownies. Every day.

4- Spend 4th of July with my family. We’ll take in the fireworks over the Williamsburg Bridge from JetSet’s swinging Lower East Side pad (totes NBD), then jaunt up to the Hudson Valley for a weekend of grilling, tanning, and hanging with MamaKef herself. I can smell the honey mustard chicken now (if you don’t get it… you don’t get it).

5- Get ready to go back to school. I cannot believe that I am going back to school (ed note: again). This time, I’ll be working toward becoming a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. Come on, Summer 2017!

What are you guys doing all summer? Tell me everything.

19 Responses to “Five for Friday: This Summer I Will…”

1. Rebecca Jo June 6, 2014 at 11:23 am #

Dang! These are pretty exciting things!!!!!! What a summer you’re going to have!!!

PS – I’m looking at doing the Women’s Series in Nashville:) always wanted to do that race:)

• cookingupkefi June 6, 2014 at 11:41 am #

A DC running blogger just moved back to Nashville area– Mary over at minutespermile.com You should definitely check her out (if you haven’t already:) )

2. runawaybridalplanner June 6, 2014 at 11:52 am #

Wow even if you had left it at just #1 I’d say you are going to have an amazing summer! I’d love to travel the world like that. Never been to Maylasia but I actually know a crazy oddball tip for when visiting there:) In their culture you should handle food with your right hand. They consider it disrespectful to handle food with your left hand, LOL I’m not kidding, I learned that years ago and funny things like that stick in my head:)

• cookingupkefi June 6, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

Hahah thanks for the great tip. Luckily, I’m right handed!

3. Janelle @ Run With No Regrets June 6, 2014 at 1:51 pm #

Malaysia, wow! Sounds incredible, I hope you enjoy! Ooh and NYC is so much fun, I’m sure the fireworks will be gorgeous!

• cookingupkefi June 6, 2014 at 8:17 pm #

Thanks so much! We’ve always watched the fireworks on TV, so we’re excited to finally make it into the city and see them live this year!

4. Femme Fitale Fit Club June 6, 2014 at 3:46 pm #

Fourth of July is always fun. I can’t wait for another year of neighbors and the fireworks and grilling out on our back deck. Just a lot of fun.

5. We went to Singapore and Bali last summer-amazing trip. Beautiful places to visit. A very long trip and quite exhausting on the return. Have an amazing time!

• cookingupkefi June 6, 2014 at 8:15 pm #

I think my return trip might actually be better than my trip out– on the way out it’s NY-San Fran-Japan-Singapore (or: 7 hours-10 horus- 7 hours) blech! Way home I’m Singapore-JFK or maybe Singapore-Tokyo-JFK. Can’t remember. I’m practicing deep breathing exercises now. Anything that’s a do not miss in Singapore?

6. MCM Mama (@mcmmama) June 6, 2014 at 7:59 pm #

That sounds like an amazing trip! What fun!

7. Courtney @ Eat Pray Run, DC June 6, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

wow! that’s awesome. quite a lineup you have going on this summer! i love reading everyone’s plans:) 4th of july is one of my fav holidays!

8. Coco June 6, 2014 at 9:15 pm #

Gosh, that all sounds great! Good luck with school at the end of your summer adventures!😉

9. Jennifer June 6, 2014 at 10:34 pm #

Sounds like you have an amazing summer ahead! Malaysia/SIngapore- very jealous! Good luck with the travels, training and school.

10. John @ run. geek. run(disney) June 6, 2014 at 11:28 pm #

Malaysia? Thats exciting and exotic. Very cool

11. John @ run. geek. run(disney) June 6, 2014 at 11:29 pm #

Malaysia? That’s exciting and exotic. Have fun.

12. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?! June 7, 2014 at 11:54 pm #

So exciting that you’re doing the NYC Triathlon as a fundraising race as well! I’m so excited and need to get cracking on my fundraising!!! Just turned in my paperwork yesterday to the Ronald McDonald House to commit to it.:)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. JetSet Kef’s Five for Friday Summer Edition | Cooking Up Kefi - June 13, 2014

[…] ANYWAY– last week I shared five things I’ll be doing this summer; this Friday, we’ve got: […]