My mother has been known to bake dozens of Christmas cookies each year. No–not a few dozen chocolate chip cookies… dozens of KINDS of cookies. Monster cookies, peanut butter surprise cookies, oatmeal raisin, white-chocolate cranberry, Linzer, sugar, gingerbread… the list goes on.
|Paula’s famous party platter–no one goes home with one!
Fudge is those tan squares with red/green M&Ms.
But none are as good as her famous no-bake M&M fudge. This is definitively NOT sugar free– in fact, it falls into the same sickly sweet category as my other favorite seasonal treats (candy corn and Peeps–don’t judge me), but I fall for it everytime. My advice? Cut small and make sure you have reinforcements to help you eat!
- 2 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup butter 2/3 cup (5 1/3 oz) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 jar (7oz) marshallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups m&m’s plain (use colors for an easy themed dessert–MamaKef uses red and green at Christmas, I use team colors for the Super Bowl, etc)
1. Combine sugar, butter, milk, and salt in heavy 3 qt sausepan; bring to full rolling boil over high heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY with a wooden spoon. Continue boiling over med heat 5 min stirring constantly. 2. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter until melted.
3. Add marshmallow fluff; mix until blended. Fold in M&Ms; immediately spread into greased 13 x9 inch baking pan.
4. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.
Makes one 13×9 inch pan of fudge (about 3 lbs).